The Bar Association of Vojvodina, then called Bar Association in Novi Sad, was established in 03.03.1921. at the founding assembly in which they participated with lawyers Banat, Baranja and Backa. The first president of the Chamber elected Dr. Stevan Adamović, advokat u Novom Sadu. After the expiry of his term of office, Presidents of the Board of the Bar Association were:
- Dr. Alexander Power (1945)
- Dr. Slavko Prezydent (1947-1949)
- dr Vojin Carić (1949-1950)
- white Filipović (1950-1951)
- Jovan S. Jegdić (1951-1955)
- Milorad Botić (1955-1970)
- Dr. Joseph Varadi (1970-1973)
- Joseph Kujunđić (1973-1976)
- Borivoj Jekić (1976-1982) i (1985-1988)
- Milan Miković (1982-1985)
- Stevan Roncevic (1988-1992)
- George Webber (1992-1998)
- dr Slobodan Beljanski (1998-2007)
- Vulić Branislav (2007-2014)
- Sikimić Srđan (2014-2017)
- Beljanski Vladimir (2017. and today)
new, present name, The Bar Association of Vojvodina received at the first regular Annual General Bar Association, held after World War II 22.06.1947. in Novi Sad.
Advocating the principles of respect for human rights, constitutionality and legality, from its founding to the present day, The Bar Association operates independently, although the new Law on Advocacy 1998. for the first time as a tacit Bar Association. Only the Bar Association of Yugoslavia, which is a member of the International Union of lawyers and a permanent member of the Vienna Bar Association Presidential Conference Europe.
In addition to strictly professional problems Bar Association of Vojvodina is also known as a scholar of law students and one of the founders of the Fund for scholarships for gifted students, as publisher of important publications, as a sponsor of a number of humanitarian action and as a promoter at the Department Bar Association of books on law, sociology and economics.